Smarter Power Grid Forum - Supply, Storage and Smart Metering
07 January 2019
Friday 25th January 2019 | Central London | Book your place
The Smart Systems & Flexibility Plan 2017 announced up to £70 million of funding to support innovation in smart technology. The Plan enables the development of a smart, flexible energy system that will reduce costs for consumers and industry, and support the growth of innovative new businesses by removing barriers to smart technologies.
Join BEIS and National Grid on Monday, January 25th at the Smarter Power Grid Forum. The forum will be exploring the implications and impact of the publication of the plan, and how much progress has been made so far.
You will learn about:
- Smart systems and flexibility plan: Update from BEIS and National Grid
- Developing a thriving electricity storage sector: Grid scale storage, home batteries and domestic vehicle-to-grid (V2G)
- Improving flexible time of use: Smart meters
- Distribution, supply and network management: Moving from DNOs to DSOs, Active Network Management, Local Networks and Distributed Generation
Expert speakers include:
- Keynote 1: Will Broad, Head of Smart Energy, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Keynote 2: Kayte O'Neill, Head of strategy and Regulation, National Grid
- Emma Gibson, Director of Operations, Highview Power Storage
- Nigel Turvey, Network Strategy & Innovation Manger, Western Power Distribution
- Simon Daniel, Founder/CEO, Moxia
- Aimee Betts-Charalambous, Smart Meter Technology Innovation Lead, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Devrim Celal, CEO, Upside Energy
- Tadgh Cullen, Senior Storage Enginee, Solarcentury
- Rebecca Yates, Policy and Public Affairs Manager, Smart Energy GB
- Suleman Alli, Director of Safety, Strategy and Support Services, UK Power Networks
- Randolph Brazier, Head of Innovation and Development, Electricity Networks Association (ENA)
- Kayla Ente, Founder & CEO, Brighton and Hove Energy Services Cooperative (BHESCO)
BEAMA members are offered a discount of 15% off the regular rates (below), however if you book two places or more on any or either event, I can increase that discount to 25%. Log in to retrieve the promotional code.