By making greener choices now, as the UK gears up for the COP26 Climate Conference in November, businesses will not only help tackle climate change – they will also benefit from savings on running costs, and a reputation boost.
The guidance can be found on the UK Business Climate Hub, which was launched in June as part of the government’s Business Climate Leaders’ campaign.
And you can demonstrate how much your business puts sustainability at its heart by making a climate commitment to become net zero when you visit the UK Business Climate Hub.
The advice includes information on and suggestions such as:
- Investing in renewable energy generation
- Improving manufacturing processes
- Upgrading equipment
- Removing or improving packaging
- Buying from local suppliers
- Lengthening product lifespan
- •Revising your data storage
- Programming for energy efficiency
- Investing in greener equipment
The following sector-specific events are also being held during Sectors Week for small businesses keen to start their net zero journey: