Electrification by Design Report
11 December 2017
Electrification by Design explores simple policy mechanisms and regional structure options to promote wide scale deployment of low to zero carbon electric systems.
The report boils electrification down to 6 market design imperatives:
1. Electrification is a national need, but optimised, flexible energy systems will be delivered by regions and zones empowered to identify the most appropriate paths.
2. Integrated and innovative finance packages are essential for market transformation.
3. The supply chain must have sufficient capacity to promote sustainable growth.
4. Consumers need confidence that services, systems and devices form part of a structured consumer journey. We need to navigate a critical path to electrification and decarbonisation.
5. Demand Side Response needs concurrent and planned development of regulation, technology and markets.
6. New and innovative ways of purchasing and providing energy services will emerge.