The BEAMA Technical Department engages across the wide spectrum of product legislation and standardisation, representing the interests of members and assisting the markets’ understanding of constantly changing requirements. BEAMA 's success comes about through its membership of:
- Strategic Standardisation committees at National and International level
- BSI, the UK National Standards Body
- Orgalim, the European federation of national industrial associations representing the European mechanical, electrical, electronic and metal articles industries and
- European sectoral associations such as CECAPI and CAPIEL.
BEAMA is the leading nominating organisation to BSI with BEAMA members serving on upwards of 200 standards committees (National, European and International). BEAMA representatives nominated to the UK standards committees take their brief from the respective BEAMA Groups and usually go on to be appointed from the national committee to represent the UK consensus position at European and International level. Participation in standardisation ensures BEAMA is best placed to influence the everchanging product and system landscape, for instance:
- Digitalisation, connectivity and interoperability of products/systems (Smart products/systems)
- Energy efficient (low carbon) products / systems
- D.C. products / systems
- Digitization of standardisation
If you would like to find out more about standardisation and how you could get involved, please contact Raj Vagdia.