Yesterday the 18th November the Prime Minister announced a one-year extension to the Green Homes Grant Voucher Scheme, until the end of March 2022. The announcement was made as part of the Prime Minister’s ambitious 10 Point Plan for a green industrial revolution.
We hope that this news will provide the confidence installers need to invest in expanding and training their workforce, as well as assuring the wider industry it will be supported in the longer-term to develop robust supply chains and respond to increased demand.
Below is some further information BEAMA received regarding the application process and scheme requirements.
Update on applications
You will be likely aware that the Scheme Administrators are now processing the applications received at scale, however we are finding that many homeowner voucher applications are incomplete and require more information in order to be approved. This is leading to delays for these customers who may need help form their installers to provide missing information towards their applications.
One of the common causes of delay to voucher applications is that the quote does not contain all the detail we need, that is:
- Business name and contact details
- Company registration and VAT numbers (if applicable)
- Customer’s name/address/contact details
- Full breakdown of works, including ancillary (i.e. scaffolding, lowering of the level of ground water) including costs
- Total price (incl. VAT for domestic customers)
- How long the job will take
- Any delivery costs
- Any deposit needed
- Details of stage payments (if agreed)
- Any guarantee/warranty that will be provided
- Payment terms (how/when will customer have to pay)
- Any access needed (e.g. to water/electricity)
Here is a template that can be used for giving quotes under the Green Homes Grant Scheme.
Update on installer scheme requirements
We have created a video demonstration on using the SightLine Mobile app. The video walks through the steps an installer needs to take and is available for iOS, Android and Windows devices. You can view the video demonstrations here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLb8-AHxCKmOiAzPzNlwc14kTJKcsRBDoO. The videos should be viewed in conjunction with the Installer Guide. Installer Guide