Join Race to Zero
WHAT IS THE RACE TO ZERO?
Race to Zero is a UN-backed global campaign to rally leadership and support from businesses, cities, regions, investors for a healthy, resilient, zero carbon recovery that prevents future threats, creates decent jobs, and unlocks inclusive, sustainable growth. It is the largest coalition of credible Net Zero targets, reviewed by an independent Expert Peer Review Group which is aligned with the University of Oxford Net Zero Principles. Led by the High-Level Champions, Nigel Topping and Gonzalo Munoz, all members are committed to the same overarching goal: achieving net zero emissions by 2050 at the very latest. Already, these members span:
- 454 cities
- 23 regions
- 1,396 businesses
- 74 investors
- 569 Universities
- Your climate action efforts will be recognised as credible and science-based, supported by the UN;
- You will join a community of members spanning regions and sectors, with whom to share tools and knowledge;
- You will have access to powerful communications material and play a part in the run up to and at COP26;
- You will actively play a role in 2021 as the most decisive year in climate action history;
- You will be supported every step of the way.
- Pledge – pledge at the head of organization level o reach (net)- zero in the 2040s or sooner
- Plan – explain what steps you will take to achieve net zero, especially in the short to medium-term
- Proceed – take immediate action toward achieving net zero
- Publish - report progress annually
For any further questions please contact: [email protected]
HOW TO JOIN
If you are an individual entity (business, city, university, region etc.), you are invited to join an initiative or network, which is an official Race to Zero partner.
BEAMA recommend 2 partners as options for our membership to join:
- >500 employees Business Ambition for 1.5°C - Science Based Targets
- <500 employees Home - SME Climate hub