BEAMA LABOUR & MATERIAL COST INDICES
BEAMA indices issue 591 was published on the 30th of November 2018. Electrical labour rate unchanged from previous month, and mechanical labour recovers from previous month dip. Growth in material prices continue but at a slower pace. Protect your contracts against adverse commodity price changes by using BEAMA indices.
If you are not already a member, you can subscribe by filling the subscription form below and sending back to email@example.com. The subscription is 260 GBP (excl. VAT) per 12 calendar months. A single subscription covers all the 11 indices together with historical data.
- BEAMA Indices Subscription form - 2018
- List of Indices and Standard Formulae
- Publication Dates - 2018
BEAMA STANDARD FORMULAE
BEAMA standard formulae give the mathematical framework of how the BEAMA indices are used. A typical formula splits a contract into labour and material, assigning specific percentages to each part. A formula also specifies which indices should be used and how they are used. The current list of BEAMA standard formulae can be downloaded from the link below and a worked example based on Electrical Machinery Formula is also provided below.
- BEAMA Standard Formulae - Abbreviated Version
- Electrical Machinery Worked Example - pdf
- Electrical Machinery Worked Example - excel
BEAMA PAINT MAKERS INDICES
The coating indices are published bi-monthly. These indices track the cost of generic materials used in paint manufacturing. There are four different reports for different types of paints. These are:
- Marine Coating Index
- New Building Index
- Protective Coating Index
- Coil Coating Index
These indices are produced for CEPE and are not directly circulated by BEAMA to the wider public.
ASSOCIATION MEMBERS ONLY STATISTICS
Companies who are members of product groups within BEAMA also receive regular reports on products trends, construction industry reports and general UK economic trends. Below are short descriptions of the various reports.
PRODUCTS TRENDS REPORTS
- Single Phase Products - Domestic Wiring Devices and Domestic Circuit Protection
- Three Phase Products - Moulded Case & Air Circuit Breakers (MCCB), Miniature Circuit Breakers (MCB), Residual Current Devices (RCD), Enclosures and Command Controls
- Engineering Systems Products - Low Voltage Factory Built Assemblies and Low Voltage Busduct Products
- Cable Management Products - Conduits and Fittings, Mini & Maxi Trunkings, Compartmented Trunkings
- Powertrack Systems - Tracks, Floor Boxes, Grommets etc
- Thermostatic Mixing Valves - TMV2, TMV3, Tempering Valves, Back Flow Prevention valves, Pressure-reducing valves, Thermal Balancing valves, Hydraulic and Isolating valves.
- Heating Controls Products - Heating Time Controls, Motorized (Zone) valves, Room Thermostats, Programmable Room Thermostats, Hot Water Cylinder Thermostats, Thermostatic Radiator Valves, Automatic Valve By-Pass
- Underfloor Heating Products - Pipe, Pipe Fittings, Manifolds, Room Controls, Water Controls, System Panels, Spreader Plates, Heat Diffusers, Pre-heated Installation
- Mechanical Ventilation Equipment - Whole House Mechanical Ventilation, Single Room Ventilation, Mechanical Extract Ventilation, Positive Input Ventilation
- Water Treatment Products - Chemical Inhibitors, Chemical Cleaners, Inline Filters, Physical Scale Reducers & Inhibitors, Heat Transfer Fluids
- Arc Welding Consumables - Carbon-Carbon Manganese Electrodes, Chromium and Chromium - Nickel Stainless Steel electrodes, Nickel - Nicke Alloy electrodes, Copper based Alloy electrodes, Solid MIG/MAG wires, Solid TIG wires, Solid Sur-Arc wires and strip, Sub-Arc Fluxes, Cored Wire
- Arc Welding Equipment - MMA welding power source, TIG welding equipment, MIG MAG welding equipment, Plasma Welding Equipment, Engine Driven welders, Plasma cutting equipment, Ancillary equipment for machines, Torches, Personal Protection and Enviroment equipments.
- Transformer Statistics - Low, Medium and Large Power Transformers
CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY REPORT
The construction industry reports are produced by the Construction Products Association and are made available to our members through BEAMA membership.
- Construction Industry Forecast
- Construction Industry Survey
- BEAMA Trends Survey
- BEAMA Business Tracker
- EURIS Brexit Watch